Saturday, May 25, 2013

Just Flew In, And Boy Are My Arms Tired!

I just got back today from a much needed vacation full of food, friends, and sight seeing.  It was my first time visiting Toronto and Boston, and I loved both cities.  I'm hoping to put together a couple of posts about my trip (got to fulfill that New Year's resolution of keeping a travel journal).  Hopefully, I can get that done in the next week or two.

While I was away, I found out that two of my stories were officially published! First, "The Ressurectionists" was published in issue #6 of The Literary Hatchet.  This story explores some dark and disturbing themes.  That's to be expected, though.  The lit mag gets its inspiration from the Lizzie Borden axe murders!

Second, my SF story, "The Space Between," has been published in issue #5 of The Journal of Unlikely Entomology! This story is one of my favorites that I've written so far.  I worked on it for over a year, and I'm so glad to see it find the perfect home.  Both editors, Bernie Mojzes and A.C. Wise, were a joy to work with.  If I write another buggy story in the future, I know where to send it first.  :)

That's it for now.  I'm exhausted from an early morning flight and feeling a little jet-lagged.  Be back soon with write-ups on Toronto and Boston!

No comments:

Post a Comment